Friday, May 18, 2007

....Updates, updates, updates :)

Well, I haven't updated in awhile. I know. A lot of things have been happening here..

Last Saturday I attended a colleague's birthday party. It was a lot of fun. My colleagues are really nice people who are very friendly. Sometimes you forget that these people are highly-accomplished, successful people who work in your office - they seem to be so down-to-earth.

My family is moving - parents have sold the house where we currently live and are moving a little outside of the "city" itself. I guess change is always good, but it feels strange because the next time I go back (can't go back this year.. I don't exactly get paid vacation days till I work 1 year) it'll be another house. Yeah, it is cool to get a new room and stuff, but I kind of like my current room. New room is actually smaller...but then again I live in a "box" here :) Can't complain. Hehehe.

Yes, the idea of a studio apartment was so fascinating when I was younger...LOL (yes, I am old!) but these days it feels very constricting...which is why I hang out at malls/the city a bit on weekends. Need to get out of the "box" or I start to feel mopey. I miss having a balcony like I did in Brisbane - was so much fun. I have another 10 months to live in this apartment till I move to another one. Might start looking for another one in six months' time.

Work is fine - quite fun actually...to get paid doing something you don't even consider a "job". Writing documentation, examples and stuff is quite interesting because I'm also learning heaps in the process. I'm still not a workaholic yet - still have my perfect 9 - 5 hours instead of anything extra. I don't think it'll last that long...hahaha, soon I'll have lots of stuff to do.

Plan to do some minor shopping this weekend...Weather forecast for next week shows a lot of rain :| Walking in the rain (umbrella doesn't really help) to work is not really fun...especially when the hem of your jeans is wet :|

Have a great weekend guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home