Friday, July 06, 2007

People are so strange...

It's weird how people say the strangest, least expected things sometimes. Like you're talking to someone and they tell you odd facts or ask you way too personal questions for no particular reason...kind of ruins my perspective of how everybody is nice in their own way - people are so competitive for the wrong reasons - money, success.

Why don't people compete to be better human beings? Why compete for such material reasons?

I'm a strong believer of "We get what we deserve"...maybe because I'm religious, but I still believe that if you want something - you have to work for it and it will come to you - eventually. Nothing comes overnight...and nothing drops from the sky either (unless you're THAT lucky).

When I was 10, my class teacher told me "If you want to find out who your REAL friends/relatives are, you must win a lottery. Suddenly, everyone will start being nice to you."

I haven't won any lotteries, but I think she couldn't have been more right. Some people are only nice to you when they are in good situations.

2 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 10:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good general rule of thumb is to accept that people suck. Life is much easier after that.

 
At 7/07/2007 02:02:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

I know..but it feels so negative. I try to be an optimist about people actually - giving them the benefit of the doubt if I can :| Hope things are going great for you, W :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home