Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Life's Fun When You're Having KitKat for Breakfast...

Call me unhealthy but I can't help it. I have recently had my KitKat stash replenished thanks to some kind souls from UK and Berlin ;) ... not to mention the Uberlingen(sp?) native.

In Norway, KitKat is replaced with Kvikk Lunsj - Norway's official skiing chocolate, if I'm not mistaken. I still prefer KitKat though, and I have spread the word ;) ... successfully. So off and on I get some KitKat and I horde them .. rationing the number of fingers I'm allowed to eat and hoping they last long enough till the next refill.

I also received TimTams from MPT (Thank you MPT!!!), my friend in New Zealand. He sent me enough TimTams to feed half the people on my floor at work...so that's what I did - I still have enough TimTams for myself though...keeping them for non-KitKat days.

Life has been good lately - I received my confirmation letter and am now an official employee! Work is fine too - my boss bought me a coffee to celebrate my 6 months here.

My younger sister is in UK now, getting used to living far from home. Can't say its easy - but after awhile you get used to it. I guess we have very protected, comfortable lives in Malaysia, so it takes a bit of time to realise that.

I found out that a good friend is getting pre-engaged end of October. That's wonderful news. Strangely enough I feel old. It's like: "Uh oh, people are getting married...next thing you know they'll have kids and you'll still be that career-absorbed, I-want-my-big-apartment person"

I guess that's life ;)

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2007 05:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

Congrats on yr graduation!!! Maybe I can buy you coffee too? And well, I found out recently that a gf who had said a big,fat "NO" to marriage for 7 years finally got engaged... Came as a big shock but I'm happy for her. I guess people see or somehow come to see marriage as something very natural.. Still trying to figure that out!

 
At 10/04/2007 10:49:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

congrats on being an official employee *slave* hehe.

you feel old...hmm, i feel so grown-up :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home