Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Take My Health For Granted...

then I get upset when I am sick.

I mean I do take care of myself, but sometimes you think its easy to adjust to living in a country at the other end of Malaysia - but it is not.

My latest health problem is - allergies. On 1st June (I remember the date as it was a public holiday) I hurt my back in the gym. Now that its getting much better and the discomfort is barely there despite going back to the gym...my allergies have kicked in. At least that's what the doctor said today.

I can't see very clearly lately. My eyes feel really tired, a little itchy, get reddish and then I start to see blurred letters. I can see people, but not far away. If you are standing about 3 meters away from me, I can't recognize your features. It was very scary. The worst part was sensitivity to light. It's summer here - nice and sunny, but my eyes are so irritated by the light. So, after about 2 weeks of trying to leave it alone, I went to a doctor this morning (thank you health insurance!). Turns out I might have an allergy. I have special eye drops to use every 8 hours. Let's hope it works and all is well.

To be on the safe side, I also have an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow. Hopefully I don't need new glasses as they are way too expensive. Sigh, please let me be healthy again :( There are so many things I want to do in summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home