Monday, June 05, 2006

Winter in Brisbane

Well, it's June and winter is here. Let's see..

What I like about Winter in Brisbane

  • I get to wear my boots. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do - look nice.

  • I get to wear jackets. Sometimes its nice to know that you get to dress up - even though I do it rarely, but yeah, it's still nice.

  • More excuse to drink good coffee. Well, with my sad student budget, I don't get Starbucks every week but I can afford coffee at the little cafes at uni. Now those are quite good.

  • Nice and windy enough for a walk. When it's summer, it's sooo hot. Seriously, you get all sweaty and sticky - eww. Now it's so cooling for long walks.



What I don't like about Winter in Brisbane

  • Showers. When you come out of the hot shower, it's cold and I have to leave the window open for awhile so the steam escapes and then only can I open my bathroom door. Otherwise, the fire alarm might be set off.

  • Freezing toes. My toes are always cold - with or without socks. It's irritating.

  • Slow drying clothes. Takes more than two days sometimes.

2 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 05:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had this huge craving for an iced latte today...so i went and got one from Starbucks. Tomorrow I will go try some other coffee place. I'm trying not to buy big corporation coffee

 
At 6/07/2006 11:44:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

Hahaha, big corporation coffee? I see. I usually buy coffee at the cafes around university. I like it better that way because it's more personalised and less busy. The ambience is perfect for my brooding.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home