Monday, May 08, 2006

I attended part of IH's Shave for a Cure yesterday. It's one of those events where people shave and the proceeds go to some foundation. This one was for Leukimia. There was a girl whom I know, she has hair longer than mine and she shaved it all off for AUD1400 worth of donations to Leukimia. How cool is that? I would never do something like that. I mean, jokes aside, I don't think I have the guts for things like that. From the looks on peoples' faces, I can safely say, some girls had the expression "Thank goodness that is not me." It's not that she looked bad or anything - she looks pretty cute I must say, but it's just such a "hair-raising" (pun not intended) experience to actually lose all your hair. I found it scary.

Hmm, apart from that, I finished my marketing assignment. See, to a certain extent I took marketing with that slight arrogance most people who study technical-scientific-stuff have when they look at an Arts-based book. They raise an eyebrow arrogantly and think "oh, just marketing". Yes, I did that slightly. I am proud to say I was wrong. It wasn't that easy actually. It is a lot of analysing and reading between the lines. You have to draw a lot of logical conclusions and so on and I can understand now that Business isn't easy - at all. I am glad I took the subject, sure gave me a better perspective.

1 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 10:42:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

i guess taking a "artsy" subject makes one think in a more subjective way. it's not all about numbers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home