Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Brave Little Toaster

My housemate burnt toast. The problem with living in this place is that the fire alarms are very sensitive - a bit of smoke and the alarm goes off, since it's a false alarm, the person who sets it off has to pay AUD408. Yes, painful. So, my housemate unplugged the toaster and left it outside on the balcony to let the smoke escape first. I walked into the kitchen and I was actually feigning a cough to irritate P [this guy who lives upstairs but likes hanging around our floor. His perfume (no, I won't say cologne, because cologne shouldn't irritate me like that..) is really strong and it just irritates me], but then:

Housemate: Oh, I burnt toast, sorry.
Me: Oh, no I was just irritating P. Where's the toaster?
Housemate: Oh, it's sitting outside.
Me: Right, like a naughty little child who has been punished?
Housemate: Yeah, it needs some time alone.
Me: To reflect on it's behaviour? Mind if I take some pictures for my blog?
Housemate: Sure. You want to blog about it?
Me: Yeah, definitely. (She doesn't know that my blog needs some life!)

So, here are the pictures.





I just found it amusing :)

4 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 10:19:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

The little toaster that burns!

 
At 5/04/2006 10:23:00 AM , Blogger Mr. Biggs said...

DON'T DO THIS TOO ME!!!!!

What happened to the toast?!?!?!

Don't leave me hanging!

-Biggs

 
At 5/04/2006 01:27:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

We threw it away :) The toast that is..hehehehe, but the toaster has been allowed to come home now.

 
At 5/04/2006 03:02:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

heheh,toaster was grounded.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home