Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hmm

Well, nothing much happened at the party :) I for one thing ran off before they could go clubbing/drinking because its not my cup of tea. We did sit around and chat though - that was fun. Unfortunately, the joke about how much salary I will earn if I go home and not stay here did come up. It's disappointing when your friends don't support you, despite knowing your predicament well enough. I guess Indian culture and my family's principles - is a bit difficult to understand, but it would still be nice if they'd stop with that joke already. It's not even funny anymore, comparing my future possible salary to that earned by a restaurant worker here. *Sigh* It only makes you feel worse when you know that you would really like to work here and establish yourself rather than go back.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 08:12:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

babe, i think once someone starts working..they will know how to contribute to the family.

salary is not everything; my own salary isn't that much to brag about but its the experiences and stuff I've learnt at work....thats something to brag about. better to be paid while doing something you have passion in rather than everytime dreading coming to work. anyway, its your choice...b'coz they might make the choices for you but they wouldn't be the one who has to live with the choices.

cheer up k!

 
At 9/17/2006 10:27:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home