Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

This post is slightly belated as I spent my new year's eve baking a cheesecake for the New Year's Eve party at a friend's place. I also went on a cleaning spree - doing lots of laundry post vacation and slowly but surely reorganizing things in the apartment. I spent the 1st of January slightly bumming around, watching some old Tamil movies and cleaning even more.

So..how was 2008? I'd say it was a rollercoaster. I had days when I was exuberant, jubilant, and very happy; I also had days when I was really depressed and contemplating lots of problems with very few solutions. All in all, it was a good year, though. Here's a quick recap:

2008 Events Unordered

  • Got a new employer

  • Developed my writing skills

  • Got a small promotion

  • Visited Germany (Konstanz and Ueberlingen) for Easter

  • Spent 40 minutes in Kreuzlingen, a small town in Switzerland

  • Actually visited Zurich

  • Moved to a beautiful new apartment

  • Visited Berlin for work - 3 full weeks of being an expatriate and shopping a lot

  • Vacationed in Malaysia for 3 weeks

  • The birth of my extremely cute niece

  • My younger sister graduating and becoming a real lawyer - not that she needed any training ;)

  • Bought a MacBook with my own earnings - my previous laptop was a gift from my Dad

  • Saw real snow

  • Got back to reading

  • Learned to make delicious tomato soup

  • Bought a macro lens




There are tons of things I want to do in 2009. I hope to achieve at least half of them.

So, here's to 2009 *clinks glass with apple juice*!

Note: Those of you who know me well will know where I work but my employer will not be mentioned here as I like maintaining a barrier between who I am and where I work. I do not want to be searched one fine day just to have my personal blog appear in relation to my employer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home