Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pouring Water onto Paint

Documentation is art. It may just be purely technical communication - but the act of stringing words together, making them mean something; drawing diagrams; taking screenshots - its purely a subjective task. Hence, it is art. Today, somebody took my baby - a small bit of code that I wrote as an example - and spilt "water" onto it. It looks horrible now.. and the pain is unbearable. I don't know how to describe it but the pain is similar to:

* Having your favourite blouse ruined.
* Having a really bad hairstyle that you will have to endure till your hair grows out.
* Having somebody break your favourite toy.

I see red. The sheer anger is painful. I don't know how it is going to be solved. But, I DO know that I have lost all respect, like, and kindness toward that person who messed it up. I can't curse him, but I can't wish him well either. Someday, Karma will get him for it...

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2008 07:03:00 PM , Blogger the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Babe, do you have a backup?

Gawd....what a bastard...

 
At 12/16/2008 06:02:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Well, it was kind of fixed, by my going through a third person to tell this person to fix the problem...because this person is just not the type with whom you can discuss anything. Yeah well, it's been pretty crappy lately ... but we'lll see, hopefully 2009 will be nicer. Good luck with further studies CD!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home