Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One of The Best Books I have Ever Read


On Saturday, I had a good Latte and a Blueberry Muffin at Starbucks for breakfast. Before that, I was in a huge bookstore in a mall on Alexandarplatz. There, I picked up this beautiful book by late author Melissa Nathan. This is her fifth book. I was very impressed with her earlier book Persuading Annie, that I went around Oslo bookstores looking for other books by her but to no avail. Surprisingly, I found it at the bookstore here. It was such a good book. I was hooked on it - I finished it after dinner on Sunday.

Apart from reading, I watched Wall-E with some colleagues and did some more shopping. I am a bit guilty for shopping a bit in Berlin but I can't help it. The range and the prices are way too tempting.

Sunday was spent reading, doing laundry and chatting with my friends online.

*** Image borrowed from FantasticFiction.co.uk

2 Comments:

At 10/01/2008 03:45:00 AM , Blogger the Constantly Dramatic One said...

What do you mean "the late author"? Holy Mother of God! The woman is dead?

And one of the best books you ever read? Clearly you have never read "A Song of Fire and Ice". *looks smug*

Do you want to hit me now.......people always wanna hit me when I say that. Kinda asking for it right? =p

 
At 10/01/2008 06:32:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

Yeah :( I bought Persuading Annie and as I was reading it, there was a page on the front that said she passed away of breast cancer after her 5th book (The Learning Curve). So sad. She wrote so well though.

I have read 3/4 of the George R. R. Martin book. The first book of "A Song of Ice ad Fire". I didn't finish it :( Life happened .. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home