Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Scent of Days Gone By

When I first started working at the age of 17+, post my government exams, I dreamed of buying expensive perfumes. Of course these days, as a working adult, it is pretty easy to afford this luxury (granted I do give up eating out when I reach my budget). However, back then, it was indeed a luxury. The first perfume I bought was Clinique Happy. I loved the smell. I remember going to MidValley Megamall to buy it from a perfume counter inside Jusco. I remember the excitement of being able to buy something so cool with my own hard-earned money. It has been 7 years now. I recently got a bottle of this perfume and just one whiff of it is enough to bring back memories of working at the bookstore, being in university, and all that. It is amazing how much fragrance plays a part in stimulating memories. *Wistful sigh* Life was so much easier back then! :)


Image borrowed from: http://noncents.wordpress.com/

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2008 10:41:00 PM , Blogger little miss kechik said...

aaawww.. i love this too. one of my earlier perfumes as well. bought with my JPA money *LOL* i also love Happy Heart

 
At 8/14/2008 05:55:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Hmm, I haven't tried Happy Heart. But I love this one. For some reason, its so light and elusive but its there :) At the end of the day, I used to smell my clothes to see if the fragrance was still there. Hehe, kind of a way to proof to my Mom "see, this is why you pay so much for the perfume".

 
At 8/14/2008 10:48:00 PM , Blogger a yummy mummy handbook said...

ahh yes...i remember when u were wearing this...:), i love it too tapi when i put on its smells different!...my 1st expensive perfume was CKOne...hehe

 
At 8/14/2008 11:08:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

@YummyMummy: ooh CKOne. Actually I have never really smelled it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home