Saturday, July 05, 2008

Raisin Bread

One of the worst things about living abroad is growing accustomed to the food there. Then when you don't have it - you miss it. Some days I miss raisin bread so much, I go looking for it at various bakeries. Unfortunately, Oslo is a small city of about 500,000 people; variety is not their cup of tea ;)

I figured - if I can't buy it, I should make it. I found a recipe that did not sound too difficult, and made the usual agreement with Simon: 10% of everything baked with his oven is his share. The dough is sitting now...for another 20 minutes (needs to be left to rise for 1.5 hours). I'm excited. The realist in me knows that it will never taste as good as the one I used to eat in Australia. I'll just give it a try anyway :)

# Edit

A photo of the raisin bread (tasted quite good, but different from what I am used to in Brisbane)

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2008 05:56:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those rolls look like they were baked in heaven.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home