Friday, April 25, 2008

Daydreaming

I've been eating out a fair bit lately - I had thosai and vadai last Wednesday with my colleagues. I've been asked to mention the name of the restaurant which carries really nice South Indian food :) It's Cafe Palmyra at GrØnland. On Tuesday, I had more Indian food at another restaurant - but this time it was the Northern Indian naan with nice curries and mango lassi.

My brother-in-law messaged me today on Facebook's new chat system. It was so nice to talk to him after so long. It's amazing how easy we forget people when we are chasing after our ambitions. I feel a bit bad for not keeping in touch with him. I will try harder to keep in touch with family from now on :)

Oooh I tried to make bruschetta last night. It turned out awesome. I just put slices of baguette on a hot frying pan, waited for it to dry out a bit. Then I rubbed garlic on the bread slices, spooned chunky chopped tomatoes seasoned with basil, salt, oregano, some pepper, on them, drizzled a few drops of balsamic vinegar - WOW, it was so tasty. Such simple food can actually taste so good - and what's better is that it was vegetarian as well.

I never liked vegetarian food back home - I remember coming home from school and whining to mom "Where's the meat?" when she served vegetarian food. But these days, I really appreciate the dishes she cooked - sambaar, mango chutney, tomato chutney, I can also remember this brinjal dish she used to make. Man, I have to make a list of what I want to eat when I am back in Malaysia for vacation. I'll e-mail it to mom a few weeks in advance :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home