Monday, April 27, 2009

A Peaceful Weekend

It's past 11pm here. I should get ready to go to bed soon..back to work tomorrow. It's been a really nice weekend - I did some bargain shopping (2 for 1 cropped 3/4 sleeved cardigans in leaf green and turquoise, perfect for Spring and a pair of bronze leather Clarks Originals flats at almost 80% discount), hung out at a cafe with a good friend, hunted unsuccessfully for a top for a wedding (might have to buy it online), ate some really good food at TGI Friday's (I've never eaten there before, ever...), did some free sightseeing around Oslo in one of those "Be a Tourist in Your Own City" campaigns.

It was good.

Just heard from a good friend that his grandfather passed away. That must be difficult. It's also kind of hard for him to get a flight to go back for the funeral (prices are insane). Looks like he might not go. He is already going back in 2 weeks' time to visit his family. *sigh* It's not easy being an expatriate. The carefree, yuppy lifestyle does come with its share of setbacks.

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2009 02:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Added you! I know, gone are the IRC days! (: Don't be alarmed, I'm harmless! Haha, I'm stuck home for the week, trust me, I'll be happy to get out and explore, only thing is - Wait, I've seen most of everything in Singapore. Haha (: Have a good work day, and shoo the blues away. For me primrose oil works, helps with the cramps. Also, take B-Complex on days you're stressed, keeps you up and running. (:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home