Sunday, February 08, 2009

...of Mundane Weekend Activities

I have days when I feel like my life is boring. I contemplate what it would be like to lead a more interesting life. My friend tells me that your life is as interesting as you want it to be - and other people's lives always seem more colorful because its not yours.

I agree, but it still feels like my life is boring.

I've taken up reading a lot more lately - I have to maintain my vocabulary as I do write for a living. Never thought I'd have the word "Writer" in my job title. I am trying to be more frugal and spend less due to the economy. I have to get a flight ticket for my trip home in a few months. I don't plan to buy the ticket 9 months before the trip this year (like I did last year). Maybe I'll buy my ticket 2-3 months before the actual trip this time. The economy is scary. So much news about people losing their jobs. Yet here I sit, moping over something as petty as not having an "interesting" life. Hehe.

When I was a kid and used to ask Dad for new things, he used to say "I complained I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet." True, Dad is always right. The mind is convinced, but the heart never is...

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2009 09:18:00 PM , Blogger the Constantly Dramatic One said...

My life is kinda interesting-ish now. I'm discovering new things in Aussie. Liquor drive-thru rocks my world though.=P

But yeah, once the discovering is done, its back to boring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home