Monday, January 26, 2009

Fixing The Self Image

I have always dreamed of being thin. I am not obese but I do have a belly that I have hated for the past 5 years or so. I am glad to be able to buy clothes off the rack and living in almost-Europe, the clothing sizes here definitely soothe my pride. Nevertheless, I still wish I looked a little less out of shape.

Recently, I signed up for gym. I've been going there for the past 2 weeks. No change yet, but hopefully there will be some change in the next 4 months or so. I have a 6 months membership. I didn't want to take a year's membership in case I fell off the wagon. Hopefully I will lose some weight I guess.

Strangely, I don't eat much junk food but I think I don't really move around much either because I am a computer geek who just sits down all day. The cold winter makes it difficult to take long walks (fresh snow is beautiful, old snow == slush, is not beautiful).

Perhaps someday I will be happy with the way I look. I have read that once you reach 30, you start to accept yourself more. So there's 5 whole years to improve!

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2009 12:28:00 PM , Blogger little miss kechik said...

heh. m turning 30 this year. m not so sure about the accepting part *LOL* but i guess in a way its true. i guess. let's wait till June to find out shall we.. hee

 
At 1/30/2009 11:26:00 PM , Blogger the Constantly Dramatic One said...

You know in a way I have accepted my body. I am fat and I own it. I don't have much problems. Woman, in life everyone wanna give you shit about something or other. Just accept you fro who you are.

I accepted me. Giant ass and all. God...I love my giant ass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home