Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Getting The Perfect Coverage

Makeup has always been magic to me. I have no idea about it so I read tons of reviews, lust after other people's makeup (and appearance) and then finally convince myself to splurge. Then repeat the whole process again :)

I am lazy. I don't like to take care of myself. I'd rather read a book or watch TV episodes than wash my face and go to the gym. But lately I have realized that there is no short cut to looking good and ultimately you just have to incorporate all the little bits and pieces of discipline and routine into your lifestyle to look good. So I signed up for gym two months ago. I lost about 1.5 kg. That's about it. But I'm still going to the gym - not giving up just yet.

Back to makeup. I've been using the MAC Studio Fix powder for 2 years now and its quite good but sometimes it feels kind of cakey and it just looks obvious that I am wearing maekup.




My recent fixation for Lush products drove me to buy the Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser. I have to say - it really works. My skin looks and feels so much better. I hope I have the discipline to keep using it. However, once my skin started to look better, I figured I could use less coverage. So I bought the new MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation:



and the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:



and my skin is starting to look a tad better. Less cakey, less oily, and more natural. Now if only Spring will come...

P/s - Photographs borrowed from their official sites.

2 Comments:

At 3/04/2009 12:53:00 PM , Blogger little miss kechik said...

hei i was just gonna blog this *grin*

i used to have the same problem with MAC. now i only use benefit.. their That Gal primer is the best..less hassle but flawless results.. cehh.. i sound like some celeb endorse haha!

 
At 3/14/2009 01:33:00 PM , Blogger Twiggy said...

ahh... the joys of make up... i used to use MAC too, then a friend gave me Chanel's compact powder, and after that, whatever else i used felt like rubbish. unfortunately, i don't think i can afford to replenish once i finish the one i have! hahahha..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home