Thursday, October 25, 2007

Am I A Geek?

I sometimes wonder how much of a geek I am. Lately code is not as fascinating as it used to be. I seem to want to do more with my life. I don't look at code on weekends, contrary to most of my friends. I think there is more to life than code. I'm not saying its a bad thing I just think there should be limits as to how much of your time you spend on something. I used to be obsessed with engineering when I was in university. Now I don't even use 50% of what I learned at university for work.

At times its very disappointing - because I remember how much effort and initiative it took to even master that bit at university. These days I have so little passion for code. I don't mind writing it - but I refuse to let it be my life. I seem to be resisting it. It doesn't help that all I hear about during lunch and after work is CODE. Code doesn't really make the world go round. Computers are a significant part of our lives - but there's so much more out there.

Music, books, why can't we discuss a good book every now and then? Rather than debate about open source. I guess I need to find more like-minded friends if I intend to lead a balanced life. There's life beyond code, and engineering - I can see that so clearly now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home