Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Diwali.

It's Diwali today. My family is not exactly celebrating it in a grand manner because my grandmother passed away. It's actually my first Diwali away from home. Nope, I didn't really do anything special. Just completed a report two days early and handed it in. It does feel good. Now I have a lot of time to study.

I'm probably going to sound like a spoilt brat, but I have just requested (and it's been approved) for another change in room at IH. It's not because I don't like my current room. I like it a lot. I just don't like how the people I'm surrounded with, the undergraduates, are a bit hard to communicate with. There's a different mindset and it's very tiresome to talk to people who just don't understand what you're trying to say. Besides, the postgraduate towers have join bathrooms (ensuite) and you can cook yourself. Imagine, escaping the food ;) Now, that is a dream come true.

So, I spoke to the director. I cannot believe she was so nice. Really, she agreed immediately if I could produce a written letter proving that I am actually doing something akin to Honours. I got the letter, passed it in. And now I am actually moving in to the postgraduate tower. It's going to be a lot quieter. *PHEW* More peace of mind. I plan to work really hard, but the director made me promise that I will make an effort to attend postgraduate get-togethers and all that. *Grins* I'll try ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home