Monday, October 17, 2005

Sometimes You're Just Not Good Enough.

I wish scholarship boards would be honest and say things directly. Rather than giving you the famous "the applications have been pouring in and selection was tough" crap..I'd rather they tell you the truth, "Sorry. You're just not good enough. Someone else with better grades and better accomplishments got the chance. Maybe you should stop trying, because we don't even find your accomplishments impressive."

Maybe then it will be better. Maybe then people like me who constantly get rejected by scholarship boards will be able to accept it and stop applying. That's right, from today onwards, I will never apply for another scholarhsip. Ever. I don't need one. I don't need anybody's pity. But, that's what I have decided. I will never ever apply for another scholarship!

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 11:45:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's exactly the point! they don't want to unnecessarily discourage ppl & make them give up hope of getting one! and not everyone appreciates a direct response, imagine how much hate mail they'll be getting if the rejection letter went something like "Sorry you sucked so no scholarship for you"

 
At 10/18/2005 09:32:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

Well, I'm already discouraged despite their sugar coated words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home