Wednesday, October 12, 2005

When The Going Gets Tough....

I am faced with a lot of challenges lately. I won't say they are literally "problems", partly because I'm being positive, and also partly because they aren't really problems. But, in a way, there just exists more constraints for me. The university has changed the lab hours policy from 24 hours to Weekdays, 8am to 6pm. It irritates me. It's pretty unfair to change policies slightly more than a week before the deadline of the project (digital voice recorder). I don't understand why when other faculties try to help their students, all mine does is make things worse for me. I'm given subjects (my study plan is fixed...read "transfer credit.") where I don't have the pre-requisites..and I am actually "teaching myself." I just find it so hard to handle sometimes...that I have realised that its not my fault, if I'm not doing as well as I'd like to. Maybe it's the school's fault. So, I'm thinking of talking to the man whom I spoke to back home, before coming here. I know where his office is....I have his e-mail address. Maybe I should talk to him...and tell him how unfair this whole system is being to not just me, but to a lot of other people. Tutorials with no answers, lecture slides that do not link to tutorials (no relevancy), study guides which are overdue because the lecturer was sick during the holidays (Hey! If I was sick, I would still be required to hand in my work, right? We women get killer menstrual cramps. Can I use that as an excuse? I have a sprained finger which still hurts. Can I use that as an excuse? So if its one rule for me, why is it another rule for the lecturer? That's downright, DOUBLE STANDARDS!)...just..such inefficiency that is making me do worse. However, it won't hinder me from still trying.

When the going gets tough...the tough get going.

I just have to do it.

"Nothing is ever easy" - Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander, Sword Of Truth Series, Terry Goodkind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home