Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ticket Confirmed!

....yet another lab post. I think I'm beginning to live in the lab. Oh wait, that's not true. I already do live in the labs. I barely say two words to people at IH. Morning I wake up, shower, get dressed, and go to uni. That's all I do.

My mom doesn't believe me when I tell her I don't have the time to do laundry, clean my room, whatsoever. It's horrible. I feel like I'm stuck in time, everyday in the lab, skipping as many "unimportant" classes I can skip. Reading the same code over and over again. Wanna see what I read everyday? Take a look:




void erasing(void)
{
unsigned int block_counter = 0;

ACSR |= 0x02;
// set signal flag that new data has to be recorded next

// interrupt disabled, SPI port enabled
// master mode, MSB first, SPI mode 3, Fcl/4
SPCR = 0x5C;

while (block_counter < 512)
{
PORTB &= ~0x02; // enable DataFlash

write_SPI(BLOCK_ERASE);
write_SPI((char)(block_counter >> 3));
write_SPI((char)(block_counter << 5));
write_SPI(0x00);

PORTB |= 0x02; // disable DataFlash

// writeToEEPROM(0xFF, block_counter);

block_counter++;

while((PINC & 0x08)); // RDYBSY
}
SPCR = 0x00; //disable SPI
}


There you have it. Microcontroller programming in C. The more I read code,
the more I begin to act like a machine. I eat a lot. Really, I'm never
full. I think part of it is because I'm vegetarian. Partly I think I haven't
been running at all, wo-three weeks of non running makes me sloppy. I will go running once I hand in this project. *keeps fingers crossed*

I haven't been studying, AT ALL. I go home at 11 something, 12 .... half dead. Eyes barely open. It's horrible. I can't think of anything else but sleep...so no studying either :(

My flight ticket has been confirmed. Nov 17th. So, to all those of you who miss me (there better be a few, or I will be very cross when I'm back...), please keep some free slots in your schedules. I plan to watch lots of movies and do lots of shopping. My mom actually said "you can buy anything you want"...*muttley laugh*

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 03:38:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Yippeee...you'll be back in KL soon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home