Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wondering...

Are you self-centered if you want a life for yourself? If you know you can do better in a different situation? If you actually did create/seek out an opportunity just by sending in a resume? I sometimes wonder if I'm selfish, for wanting to move far away.

It's empowering, gives me some kind of a high (haha, I know, sounds weird huh), knowing that I am at this point in my life where I can make a lot of life-changing decisions. Sometimes you just want to break free...not to do wild things, but to do something good for yourself.

The kind of job offer I received...is something I dreamed of in Australia but it was so far away at that time. Didn't seem possible at all and I hit a dead-end. So I came back to look for other opportunities.

Now I have one...and I am taking it. But when people comment on this and that, and you realise that your parents are not as invincible as you thought they were...you begin to question your actions again. I always think my parents are invincible...they somehow always overcome everything - very resourceful, intelligent people, I must admit. But they're getting old...and after watching my grandmother waste away in a hospital bed, one of my worst nightmares is actually knowing that such a thing is possible.

But we do what we have to do - right? After all, I am no doctor. By being good at what I do, I might be able to help out more when the time comes, right? I know, but I still have illogical worries...can't help it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home