Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Losing a Friend

Life's kind of unfair sometimes - when you meet someone interesting and then its time for them to leave. My colleague and his wife are returning home for good and I am a bit sad because I wonder if I will ever see them again. Of course there's a million instant messaging programs out there, but...its never the same.

I can safely say I've lost friends in my transition from Malaysia --> Australia...then Australia --> Malaysia...and now Malaysia --> Norway. Half the people I e-mail don't even reply to my e-mails. I know how much effort it is to keep in touch with people...

I remember telling people in similar situations - that life is such and you're supposed to meet people, grow into a better person, and when its time to move on - you shouldn't feel bad because that's just how it is. You should be glad that you got to meet that person in the first place - but like a lot of things I say - some things are easy to say, nice to hear - but very difficult to do. Taking your own advice is even more difficult.

Oh well. It was fun to have a female friend (colleague's wife) to relate to. I work with so many men mostly and it gets kind of routine sometimes - there's only so much geek in me. Ultimately, I still crave gossip, fashion, and a lot of "WOW, I wonder how much time it took her to do her hair!" Hehehehe :) Girls will be girls..!

2 Comments:

At 11/18/2007 10:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, hi! :)

io.

 
At 11/25/2007 12:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea that tends to happen when you move around alot, but then it's nice when they bother to keep in touch even when they're halfway around the world, gives you a good feeling!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home