Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh The Drama

So I've been having to deal with a bit of drama lately - from my skin. Ah, the "joys" of being female. See, I used to have averagely okay skin back when I was a teenager. I barely made much of an effort with some supermarket bought skincare solutions. It kind of worked fine. Lately, in the past 4-5 years or so, my skin has been getting worse.

The pimples are bigger, the scars are around for longer..

I don't want to grow old :( Turning 26 this year is also starting to get me a bit annoyed because it means I am 4 years away from 30 which means that my goal to buy an apartment is looming ahead and I have to start saving up and looking for places.

But, I digress. I know there is no one perfect solution to fixing my skin, but I do know that I have to keep trying to find a proper product. So, after trying tons of supermarket/pharmacy/mid-range solutions. I caved. I went to a Clinique counter and got some advise for my skin and some samples. I'm hoping it works well so I can start buying their products and have better skin. I don't mind a pimple every month or something, but I'd like it to go away with minimal scarring, etc.

I'd like to not have to wear makeup everyday just to fake good skin, you know?

Let's see what happens.

I'm sorry for not blogging much lately..just seem to have less and less to say. Looking forward to booking flight tickets for a trip for my birthday in April. Can't decide between Venice or Paris.

I also noticed lately, that I am "Detoxing" from devices. I don't feel like sitting in front of my computer after office hours (I spend a lot of time staring at the screen from 9-5 pm) and I really don't feel like blog-surfing, reading twitter, etc these days either. I do it from time to time when I'm on the bus or something, but otherwise, I'm quite happy to lounge on the couch and read a good book. I think I'm just getting older :)

P/s - Today is my grandmother's 79th birthday. Last year I baked a cake and took it to work and fed some sugar craving geeks ;) This year, I'm going to eat some good Thai food and just think happy thoughts of her.

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2010 08:43:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

I have one more year left before turning 30 and my skin is still as shitty as it used to be :( That's life and bad genes I guess, haha.

You're a Malaysian based in Norway?

 
At 1/30/2010 01:34:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

Yep, I'm Malaysian :)

Your skin is not shitty! You look so nice in photographs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home