Saturday, February 06, 2010

I Bully My Friends

It's kind of true. Whenever I have friends traveling, etc, I sometimes bully them and ask them to buy me stuff.

This is actually due to the fact that the variety here isn't too good. Then again, it's not fair to expect too much from a country with approximately 5 million people. I like living here, but I wish I had more variety sometimes. Also the prices here are quite expensive because of people's buying power. For example, 20 USD is 120 NOK. 120 NOK is kind of like how much you'd pay for a meal at McDonald's :)

But, in the USA, 20 USD will actually give you a huge bottle of Philosophy Chocolate Fudge Cake shower gel (and 4 USD change). Ahh, Philosophy - another brand that is not available here.

So, whenever some of my friends travel, I kind of make small requests like KitKat chocolate (was not available in Oslo until six months ago), Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter (it's so much cheaper in London/Germany/USA duty free) etc. At this point, I should probably say that Clinique's body butter keeps my skin alive in the harsh Norwegian winters. It really really helps to prevent dry skin. The sad part about winter is that it really does a number on your body if you are not used to it. It takes awhile to get used to it as well. Then just when you think you are a bit more comfortable, walking in the cold swathed in a thick scarf and winter boots, not to mention beyond recognition in your huge jacket - the temperature drops even more and you are back to feeling cold and stiff again. But, I digress.

Yesterday, S came back from the USA with a big bag from Sephora for me :) I asked him to get:

1. Philosophy Chocolate Fudge Cake shower gel
2. Philosophy Birthday Vanilla Cake shower gel
3. Rosebud's Three Lavish Layers of Lip Balm (a tin containing all three flavours - the original rosebud, minted rose lip balm and strawberry lipbalm)
4. Sephora by O.P.I. Nail polish (O.P.I is another brand you can't get here, and it was just 50 NOKs a colour, so I had to ask for them). Which colours you ask? Nonfat Soy Half Caff, Call Your Mother, What's a Tire Jack?, and Ocean Love Potion

So that was the haul. I've never been a person who actually painted my fingernails often let alone used any hand cream, etc... but lately I feel like doing that. I feel like being a bit more particular and putting in a bit more effort into taking care of my hands because as a Technical Writer people tend to see your hands often and it would be nice to have properly trimmed fingernails and soft, smooth hands - I'm getting vain :)

Skin Care Update

So it's been about 8 days since I started using Clinique's skin care range. I have skin Type 2 it seems. Honestly I am not 100% sure if it is working because I am still getting pimples, but they seem to be healing a bit better and overall my skin looks slightly smoother, less oily (but with dry spots on my nose - this could be winter related) but definitely not irritated. I've been asked to try it out for 4 weeks. If it does not work, your skin will get red and itchy. So far, no redness or itchiness - fingers crossed - so I'll keep using it to see what happens. I haven't bought any full sized bottles actually, just the small starter pack. Let's see what happens in my quest for better skin.

* Pictures borrowed from Sephora

4 Comments:

At 2/07/2010 04:30:00 AM , Blogger Jayprime said...

Your friends may stop asking telling you when they travel!

 
At 2/07/2010 06:30:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Haha, that's possible. But when I travel I ask them in return what they'd like and get it for them as well. So its cool :)

 
At 2/16/2010 10:22:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

Awesome hauls you lucky girl! Lately I've been into painting my nails too, OPI has a gorgeous selection of colors! Are manicures and pedicures expensive there?

 
At 2/20/2010 02:25:00 AM , Blogger Lila said...

For a great breakout treatment I bought Peter Thomas Roth- Acne spot & area cream. It is best acne treatment. Overnight my blemishes disappear and it doesn't dry out your skin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home