Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Striking the right balance

Everytime I travel, I come home in vacation mode - buy anything I like, eat anything I want, waste as much time possible. Then it takes a good two weeks to get back into the swing of things - gym, eating healthy again, and practicing some self-control.

Contrary to the popular belief (among my friends): I am not a shopaholic :) I'm more of a bargain shopper who almost never buys anything on full price. Of course this involves a lot of window shopping (painful!). However, post Malaysia, my goal for this month is 0 shopping till March 31st (that's when I leave for Venice ;)... though I don't think there's much to buy in Venice. Now if I was going to Milan, then it's a whole different story!

But, I digress. My point is that I am a tad upset that I have not gotten back into my routine. I'm actually dreaming (because a lot of people + articles I read keep saying the same thing) of going to the gym every morning for 4-5 times a week before work. This will actually be a great routine for Spring + Summer. I'm not sure if I can do it - but I should probably try. I have tried to wake up at 6 am but I never get around to getting into my gym clothes and leaving the apartment. I always make some silly excuse and not do what I should do. It seems if you exercise in the morning before breakfast, you can tap into your fat stores (in this case, my belly :().

So, let's see if I actually manage to get out of bed Friday morning and hit the gym before going to work.

*Fingers crossed*

3 Comments:

At 3/04/2010 11:10:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

Venice!!! I"m jealous, seriously. And you are 100% sure there's nothing to buy there? Somehow we girls will always find an excuse to shop anywhere ;)Take pictures.

 
At 3/07/2010 09:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh there are glass ornaments in Venice, but not quite my kinda thing. But yea, there WILL be little trinkets that would probably make you wanna shop for too! :P

I love Venice, its my favourite place ever.

p.s. : You're going alone to Venice?

 
At 3/09/2010 07:20:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

@Cas: Aw, don't be jealous. It's just that its a lot nearer and cheaper to travel to Europe when you live in Scandinavia. I'm jealous of your Bali trips. I saw your photographs when it was like -20C here... :/

Ohhh, I'm so embarrassed of my shopping habits - my friends laugh at me all the time. Most of my friends are male and when we travel together, they don't really want to buy anything - but me, I'm running into each and every store I see. I think it has something to do with how expensive everything in Oslo is.

@Whimsicaljottings: Ah, you mean the Murano glass? I like ornaments, but I think they collect a lot of dust (oh no, I sound like my Dad!)....

I hope I won't shop though. Really, really going to fight temptation :) Please tell me they don't have nice clothes there. Pretty please?

I have been watching this documentary "Francesco's Venice". It's by BBC. Gosh the place looks gorgeous. Coming from Malaysia, I can't believe there exists a city where you can't drive a car!

p.s.: I'm going with the boyfriend. He is German but we both live/work in Norway. I met him when I came to work here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home