Friday, May 21, 2010

Chili Prawn Linguine

No, this blog is definitely not turning into a food blog - otherwise I'm going to be eating way too much :)

I just figured I'll share what I cook more often since I keep taking recipes from other people - time to give back.

----


This is a really quick recipe, I got it from the Internet a long time ago. Can't really remember which site now. Serves 2 very hungry people ;)

Ingredients:

Prawns, approximately 500 grams
About 200 grams of linguine (I usually estimate half a packet)
Zest of half a lemon (according to taste)
1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 red chillies sliced (according to taste)
Salt, pepper, and parsley (according to taste)
Garnish with grated Parmesan (optional)

Method:

Boil linguine according to instructions on the packet.
In a separate frying pan, heat olive oil and fry garlic.
When the garlic is fragrant, add in prawns.
As the prawns start to go opaque and curl in, stir in chili slices for a minute or two. (Prawns cook very quickly so you'll have to watch closely.)
Once the prawns are done, switch off the stove.
Stir in the lemon rind.
Toss with linguine.
Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Top with grated Parmesan.

3 Comments:

At 5/29/2010 02:10:00 AM , Anonymous D. @ Outside Oslo said...

Sounds delicious! There's something so satisfying about a good pasta and seafood recipe, where the ingredients are simple yet delicious, and everything shines.

 
At 5/31/2010 09:30:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

I'm hungry *runs off to kitchen*

 
At 5/31/2010 09:36:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

@D: Indeed, and it requires so few ingredients.

@Cas: Yay, you commented :) I figured you were busy when you were MIA a little.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home