Monday, May 03, 2010

What a week it has been

It's been a tough week. There's been just so much to do that I had to bail out of cooking dinner for my Portuguese friends and attending a farewell dinner for my British friend.

I feel bad about it..but then again I always feel bad for everything :)

Work has picked up a lot with some events coming closer and requirements arising. I have so much of work to do - but it isn't really writing, a lot of it is mucking around with Illustrator and InDesign, attempting to make something useful.

I've started researching on language courses. If everything falls into place, I'll be taking another Norsk course this Summer. I hope it goes well. Time to grit my teeth and get to it I guess.

I'd rather go on a vacation ;) Hahaha, ironically the price of the course is equivalent to a trip to Greece...or Dublin...or Barcelona. Decisions, decisions :/

I made sago pudding on Friday night. It was yummy. It could have tasted better had I had some patience and let the sago chill longer in the fridge. But patience was never my middle name :) Impatience is.

Well, I hope this week goes better than last week...

4 Comments:

At 5/04/2010 09:19:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

I demand to see the pic of the sago pudding :p Hey just curious, did you stock up on the gula melaka? Damn now I"m craving for some sago pudding.

To a great week ahead!

 
At 5/05/2010 06:00:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Okay, okay, I promise to post a photograph.

Yes :) I did stock up on gula Melaka last year, when I was in Malaysia in October. Once a year, when I go back (I won't be doing that this year), I ship a huge box, about 10-12kg full of spices, Baba's Curry Powder, etc... last year I brought gula Melaka because it tastes so good with Thai cooking :)

 
At 5/05/2010 08:34:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

YAY and so you did :)

12 kgs of spices?? I take it you cook quite a bit but I dont see no cooking post on your blog :p Starting to wonder if its actually profitable to open a spice shop in Norway, hehe

 
At 5/05/2010 09:13:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Actually I cook from time to time. It just doesn't look blog-worthy, the food. The boyfriend seems to enjoy the taste though.

I guess I should make more of an effort to blog about my cooking escapades.

I buy like 3-in-1 coffee from Old Town Coffee? The boyfriend loves the Hazelnut flavour. Then I get Lipton's 3-in-1 Teh Tarik...Maggi noodles..just a bit of everything. I also have Rava actually (Semolina) to make Kesari. But I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The thing about asian grocery shops in Oslo is that they have what I am looking for sometimes..depending on the position of the moon and stars that particular day :) You can find it, but you have to least expect to find it - if that makes any sense. Once a year, during the Lantern Festival, there's a shop here known as "Hong Kong Supermarked" and they sell Moon cakes :) I usually buy 2-3 tins of 4 cakes each and hoard it for the next month or so.

So I can find stuff, just takes time. Took me 2 years to find milk powder...hehehe I wanted it to make gulab jamun, but by time I found it, I realized that gulab jamun is not going to help my muffin top, so I never made it in the end.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home