Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hey Guys

I apologize (as usual) for not really updating. My code (part 2) is giving me some trouble, I spent another 5 hours in the lab trying to fix it on Friday - little progress though. Don't worry, I refuse to give up :) I'm pretty positive still. I spoke to my thesis supervisor - the man's a gem actually. Can't believe he has so much confidence in me, but then again, IF I actually mess up - it's my degree on the line. So yeah, maybe that's why he's not really worried.

I need to start researching on the thesis. I think I'll spend tomorrow in the library, poring over books. Actually I have borrowed some. I have slight trouble working at home because it's way too comfortable. L gave me this beautiful chair. It's soo nice to sit on.

I've been writing this article for part of my assignment. I like it so far so it's a good idea. I'm considering taking a class on writing as part of my free electives for next semester. Been browsing the government web site to take a look at the procedures for applying for permanent residence. Seems tough...not too sure if I should apply or not, actually. I think it'll be nice, but I don't think my parents/family are keen on it. You know how I dread disappointing them but sometimes you just want to be an accomplished person - not that I don't like where I come from, I just want to have more opportunities in future. I mean you study like a freak and if you can't get the job you desire - won't you be unhappy?

5 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 12:00:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

I understand about the whole PR issue; faced the same issue two weeks ago. you should look at the pros and cons of doing so. it sure helped me :)

 
At 3/20/2006 02:43:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

I take it you decided against? :) You're so cryptic these days! :) Speaking in riddles. Hehe, my little brain can't take it.

 
At 3/21/2006 06:05:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

yeah. I'm being mysterious nowadays hehehe.

 
At 3/24/2006 07:56:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kavi, i do feel that you should weigh the pros and cons but for now, you should just apply anyway cos once the chance is gone it'll be gone and you if you didn't do it you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it like what my brothers are doing now. They both had the chance but never took it and now they really regret.

 
At 3/24/2006 08:18:00 AM , Blogger Fieran said...

Can always apply fr back home right? You just need a job offer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home