Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's not very rainy today (Sunday). I'm spending the whole day at home - reading stuff for a project I want to get into. To be honest I don't really know much about the project but it's the only one where I got a reply from the lecturer - a positive reply that is.

I have about 25 odd pages to read by tomorrow 1pm and I was planning (yeah, I plan a lot, but don't really accomplish much) on Googling some of the terms and trying to understand more about the project. I'm hoping to impress the lecturer so he'll pick me, but then again, I'm not too sure what he's looking for in a research student.

I like my new room. I'll take pictures and put them up eventually. I forgot to buy pins for my softboard so my table is a bit messy. I'll get those pins, put away some of my cooking gear, finish my laundry stuff then I promise - I'll take pictures and put them up. Till then, please bear with me.

Someone told me, yesterday, that I shouldn't let my work control me. Instead, *I* should control my work. That's very true actually. I'll remember that ;) Thanks.

By the way, I had fun on Friday night. No, not clubbing whatsoever. I had authentic, tasty, to-die-for Thai food with some friends (5 girls to be exact) at a restaurant at Fortitude Valley. Then, we got drenched in the rain, despite having umbrellas (you know what happens when the wind blows your umbrella away...) and we stopped by Starbucks to grab steamy coffees before hopping on the bus and heading home. It was nice to eat such good food and of course, you know how I love coffee ;)

I didn't take pictures because I carried a small bag and my camera is not very light. Sorry :)

Okay, back to reading that stack. Wish me luck guys and I'll blog tomorrow of the outcome of my "meeting" with the lecturer :)

2 Comments:

At 3/05/2006 06:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your mail! I already watched the first two episodes of House, it´s really good! It´ll be cool if you could send the other episodes too? :P and thanks for the birthday card! really appreciate it.

 
At 3/05/2006 10:18:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Aww, am sooo glad you got the stuff :) I bugged my younger sister into getting it done because I was running around and flying off. Hehehe. Okay, I'll ask her since it's cheaper to send from there than from here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home