Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Conflicts...Again

Sometimes you have to do what you want. A lot of people don't understand that - in the sense that they think "She's changed, she no longer wants to do what we thought she would do." Well, true enough, but then some people should realise that at the end of the day - we all live for ourselves.

No matter how much you want to please another person, you have yourself to deal with. After all said and done, you have to look in the mirror and face yourself. I cannot do that, knowing that by going back to Malaysia, I might actually be turning down so many career opportunities...so many possible chances of succeeding.

Yes, smart people are people who make opportunities for themselves. Very true, but what if you see opportunities in which you can actually succeed - yet you choose to go back home just to please people at home? Isn't that being stupid? Isn't that just not being true to yourself? What's wrong with working far from home? What's so bad about that? I don't get that...I really don't.

Why would I study for so many years, give up so many things, only to go and work in a job I don't even like? Of course, you can say "How would you know if you don't try?" But in this case, there is no option of "Trying" because by "Trying" it means going back to Malaysia and losing my 2 years of stay here (which actually makes me eligible for some papers)...it means working in a job where my heart isn't there.

Funny how the person who told me that I have changed, is the same person who hated her job which was not related to what she studied. She was so miserable there...yet when it is someone else, her reaction is entirely opposite. Double standards at its best, huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home