Monday, May 31, 2010

I Want More..

from Tamil movies.

I've been watching Indian (Tamil + Hindi) movies for decades now and I have to say, Tamil movies lately are a bit disappointing. No, not all of them, there are still some good ones that I have watched - but some of them really leave you feeling a bit silly for having watched the movie.

There's this formula that they have for some Tamil movies these days:

1. Hero is either a cop or a one man army.
2. Hero comes across baddie when he least expects it and gets into baddie's bad books.
3. The war begins with baddie and hero trying to outdo each other.
4. [Insert parallel romance storyline here]
5. Hero wins baddie and they live happily ever after.

Now this formula has been going on for at least 20 movies so far - and I am so tired of this. I wish people will make better movies and stop using this formula. I'm sure there are a lot of filmmakers out there with better ideas, right?

Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion. I'm no movie critic, but I do watch a lot of movies :)

4 Comments:

At 5/31/2010 09:30:00 PM , Anonymous Cas said...

True that. I've stopped watching tamil and hindi movies ages ago coz it got so boring after a while. Always the same thing but ocassionally you can find some good ones but it's rare. Oh well.

 
At 5/31/2010 10:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! so true, there are some good ones out there as well, hav u watched vinnaithandi varuvaya, ayan, athavan and ayirathil oruvan?

 
At 6/01/2010 11:16:00 AM , Anonymous Khemy said...

hehe. I don't mind watching Jothika or Rajini Khan or Kamal Hassan's movie over and over again. Compare to Hindi movies, Tamil movies has a lot of moral in it. And the props, some village, rich man's big house, villagers' antics, oh I really treasure those. Perfect for light entertainment without me raking my brain out. Haha.

 
At 6/03/2010 07:21:00 AM , Blogger Dreamer said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttgvQ7mNkc&feature=related
xDD
the best thing is, this one is more realistic than some of I watched... but I couldn't find it now on youtube... oh well, my opinion that whole movie industry is going downhill... ;\

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home