I Want More..
from Tamil movies.
I've been watching Indian (Tamil + Hindi) movies for decades now and I have to say, Tamil movies lately are a bit disappointing. No, not all of them, there are still some good ones that I have watched - but some of them really leave you feeling a bit silly for having watched the movie.
There's this formula that they have for some Tamil movies these days:
1. Hero is either a cop or a one man army.
2. Hero comes across baddie when he least expects it and gets into baddie's bad books.
3. The war begins with baddie and hero trying to outdo each other.
4. [Insert parallel romance storyline here]
5. Hero wins baddie and they live happily ever after.
Now this formula has been going on for at least 20 movies so far - and I am so tired of this. I wish people will make better movies and stop using this formula. I'm sure there are a lot of filmmakers out there with better ideas, right?
Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion. I'm no movie critic, but I do watch a lot of movies :)