Friday, December 09, 2005

Hmm..

I’m writing this post at work. I’m bored, its 10.18am. I’ve become the office’s emergency typist because there seems to be a lot of work lately and I volunteered yesterday to help my supervising engineer out. It’s quite fun. Engineering correspondence are so to-the-point. They’re brief, they make sense, they use tables instead of lengthy paragraphs. It’s cool 

I take my laptop to work because the firm is actually a very “old school” type of firm. The tables are steel. I haven’t seen a steel table like this in a long time. Compared to the high-tech, first class auditing firm I used to work at, this is very old-fashioned. The clerk cum receptionist uses a computer with Windows 98. *grins* I haven’t seen that fellow in awhile. Oh, guess what’s the worst part (at least for Internet addicts like me) – there’s no Internet at the office where I work. They have two offices in two different buildings. One is the admin side and the one where I work is the actual office. It’s so weird to not have the Internet at my fingertips at all times. I seem to rely on it a lot.

I’m not sure if I’m going to the construction site because the tickets haven’t been confirmed. I wouldn’t mope a single big if I couldn’t go because then I get to have Japanese food with Kim. I am craving Japanese food. House food is nice but I think I’ve kind of lost my taste for food. I just swallow everything as usual, forgetting about taste. Partly because I’m very, very tired but I think it’s also because I don’t have time to “enjoy” my food.

I have to attend a wedding dinner tonight. It’s a wedding dinner of someone I’m not particularly close to, let alone do I utter two words to him. It’s very weird, in large families, where you are related to people whom you don’t really speak to sometimes due to a disagreement, sometimes its just that you don’t click with that individual. We can’t really help it actually, but it’s sad when people don’t make an effort to get to know their relatives. This particular case is a lost cause though, I barely like the guy. He’s supposed to be my “uncle”. I have loads of uncles.

You know what? The more relatives you have, the more people you have to please. The more people you please, the more miserable you feel (you’d think you’d feel better when you please people, but nahhhhh, life doesn’t work that way darling), the more miserable you feel, the more unhappy, drained, distressed you get…then eventually – you just die. LOL. I had to write that. I find it morbidly funny.

Unlike some of my friends who are terrified of death – I have a net pal who gets panic attacks when he thinks of how he will die eventually and not fulfil all the things he wants to do in his life….it’s quite sad. He just can’t get past the fact that it is in his control to get all the things on his to-do list done. Hey, I got over my panic attacks when I used to think of failing subjects. Really, it was bad, but I didn’t want to admit it. But yeah, I think he now realises that he has to change how he thinks and get things done, if he wants to control his panic attacks. He’s a really nice and interesting person to talk to, though; extremely practical and logical – so unlike me. Hehehe. My mind is a spiderweb.

Okay, it’s 10.32am now. I’m going to save this and post it when I get home during lunch ;) Did I mention I go home for lunch everyday? The engineering firm is like 3 minutes drive from my house so my Mom drops me and fetches me back.

// Edit

It’s 3.19pm now. I’m soooooo bored. Somebody get me out of here!  Seriously, I am very, very bored. I don’t have anything to do except for read from books non-stop. Guess what I’m reading? Client/Server and Open Systems - *YAWN* - can’t believe I studied and suffered through computer systems engineering for 3 years so far…to sit here and read Client/Server. Does anyone know how outdated that is? Or how unrelated it is to computer systems engineering? GrRRR. This is irritating. I’m dozing off – way tooo tired. *YAWN*

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2005 02:10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's how internships are...

 
At 12/11/2005 07:45:00 PM , Blogger Fieran said...

Yep, yep. Not fun AT ALL. First they think I'm stupid, then they think I'm clerk-level. Urgh. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home